Saturday, June 6, 2015

A hike in Itacaré

It's so crazy to me that we're already coming to the end of our trip. I have had so many amazing experiences here in Brazil that I will never forget. Yesterday, we went on a hike through a rainforest in Itacaré. It was amazing, to say the least. I do not get scared of insects and creatures such as spiders, for example. I was very excited for this hike, because I knew I'd be able to see things that I would never be able to see in Missouri.
 We saw many really cool flowers and plants. One of them was white and it eats insects. Another one was pink and only grows where people walk, so this is how people can find their way back if they're lost. One of my favorite parts of this hike was when we saw a tarantula inside its hole. It started coming out, and it was huge. Some people were scared of this, but I thought it was really interesting to see something like that in nature up close. I also really enjoyed swimming by a waterfall, while taking a break. It's not everyday that one gets to say they swam in the water of a Brazilian rainforest. We finished our hike after about 4 hours, and we were all very exhausted. This was one of my favorite days of our trip, because this was something I would never be able to experience anywhere near where I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment