Monday, June 1, 2015

Experiences in Brazil

This trip has been very interesting so far. It's hard to explain. Everything is so different from St. Louis and it is really hard to adjust, but it has been really fun. Yesterday we went river rafting which was really fun. I have done something like that before but I was still really nervous. We went zip-lining again but this time we went into the water which was really cool. I really enjoy doing group activities because I feel like I am getting to know the other St. Louis people as well as the Brazilian students. I am really excited to see what the next few days have in store because there is so much that I want to do before we leave.

One thing that I have been very willing to try is the food. I am always scared to try new foods but I have tried a lot. And some of it was very good. Their pizza is different from America but really good and they have a lot of different things to try. I tried coconut water and fresh coconut even though I have never liked coconut and this was no different, but I am glad I tried it.
I have never been this far away from home and have never done anything even similar to this experience, especially without my family, so this is very difficult for me but I have enjoyed it so far. The language barrier makes things more complicated but the students and teachers actually speak English pretty well. I can't wait to go home and see my friends and family but I know that I will be sad to leave because this is such a beautiful country and I have already had so many great experiences.


-Claudia Peth

No comments:

Post a Comment